Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting service is associated with hoarding and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server managed by a hosting supplier. There are different kinds of hosting services used for different goals, so let's have a glance at them. In this way, you can conclude what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to run a web page, mail addresses, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a service made available by certain hosts, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting services are frequently supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a certain amount of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely awry interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allocate the workload between autonomous groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous hosting services (mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some corporations offer a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting type is suitable if you want to share an immense quantity of images with mates or associates since the service is generally free. You will obtain a random link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your email aliases. Some providers provide hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an email service. If you wish to own a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can set up e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video produces a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred website visitors, you may have difficulty with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video will allow you to own as many videos as you want without worrying about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to have a site. To some extent, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and email accounts, upload videos, etc. At Voila, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that enable you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the form of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for specific web content solely.